Saturday, December 23, 2006

how do you over cook soup?

Ignore the title of this post. It has nothing to do with anything when you think about it. It's perfectly possible to over cook soup. Especially the noodle varieties. This is why I have switched to a completely macrobiotic, no-cook, vegan, whole foods, Jungle Jim diet: crap in, crap out's my motto. The human body is exactly like computer programming: you have to harness the whole power of the whole body-mind-spirit dasein-geist. DNA proves that god exists and that he's a big fan of macrobiotica. Deepak Chopra told me that.

There is lots to say here folks. A story about the Whiskey Rebellion and 30-06 rifle fire and my impending trip to NYC. Flash fiction and the impending birth of poetry-prose, not to be confused with prose-poetry. My impending trip to Tidioute, Dunn's Eddy and, wait for it, Wolf Creek. And, of course, Benwah's new case of syphilis. It's no laughing matter.

Here is my new Indianabeer.com piece. I like the first paragraph and the description of the lager, but other than that I think Matt Dunn fucked it up pretty good. Click the picture please.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't give yourself enough credit. I think your article is an enjoyable read and effective: I want to try Brooklyn Brewery's beer.

I found the Winter Lager argument interesting. I think Oliver is right on the money saying that the butterscotch taste is not diacytle but instead malt character contributed by the MO. This deliate flavor character stands out because it was most likely a low hopped lager. And as a side note: I'm pretty sure that diacetyl in lager is always a bad thing.

I made a brown porter that used Crisp MO as the base malt. When I entered this in a competition, I had two out of five judges make comment that there may be diacytl. Which isn't the case, WLP002 is very clean.

Cheers.

Matthew D Dunn said...

I don't think the winter beer is a lager. Did I say that it was? I don't think I did. I think it's a Scotch Ale style sort of thing. And their ale yeast strain is an English strain.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have no idea why I thought it was a lager. Sure enough you wrote "Winter Ale" in your article.