Friday, March 09, 2007

on my way

I haven't slept well in a week. I've been too busy. I've been too excited. For Spring Break! Show me your titties baby! Panama City Beach! WOOOOOOOO! Just kidding. I'm going to North Cackalack. I'm going to the Smokies. To Forney Creek. For a week. With Daniel Hanks. And Dr. Séan O'Connell. I'll be in the woods for one whole week and it will be incredible. The forecast is good, highs near 70. That probably means good insect hatches. Blue Winged Olives, Quill Gordons, Blue Quills even. Many a trout will be deceived. And that's not all. I kick the whole thing off tonight with a visit to the opening day of Gravity Head 2007: Gravity Madness, March isn't just about basketball anymore!, at, of course, Rich O's in New Albany. Where I will sample many high gravity beers and after hours of tedious deliberation with myself, will select a favorite of which I will purchase a growler. I will then pack that growler into the woods on Saturday night and Dr. Séan O'Connell and I will drink it down and cook steaks on sticks over a fire.

See you in a week. I will return with pictures a plenty and hopefully zero Rattlesnake bites.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If trout had titties...I think you'd find this a perfect world. But alas, only female mammals have titties. Which puts me in mind of something my mother was fond of saying: tough titties says the kitty when the milk went dry. It's a tough world indeed, Mr. Dunn.

see you tonight,
cat

Anonymous said...

Greetings, I hope your trip was nice. Here is a beer-related article from the Guardian. The link should be above or below.
take care, C