Friday, April 15, 2005

I do do work...honest

So I feel guilty tonight about not doing work. I have work to do. No doubt. And I'm going to be busy all day tomorrow so I won't be able to do it then...so it looks like, once again, Sunday will be hell, cause lord knows I'm going over to Serena's to watch a movie and drink some beers.

But I realize that if one were to judge simply from my blog postings, it doesn't seem that I do much work. Went drinking last night, ranting at creationists, trip to Vermont and NYC, pictures of a dog etc. So I feel like posting this pic of my desk. I mean, what if some of my professors see this blog? For christ's sake they'd think I was a slacker.



As you can see, I've been quite busy. This is the chaos that I liveth amongeth. I can't believe it either. But anyway, as you may be able to tell, I've been working on a paper about Darwin. It's all about his conception of race and how it influenced his theory proper. Namely how it caused him to adopt an allopatric model of speciation to account for the evolution of the human races. I think it's pretty interesting stuff...hence I spend a lot of time thinking about it.

When I get up the steam to do a post with actual substance, I think I'll put up a bit from that paper. This will also force me to synthesize some of the stuff I've been messing around with.

No comments: