Monday, October 31, 2005

I'm now officially a hipster, and two other things

I went to get new shoes today. I've been wearing the same old sneakers for about 16 months now. It was time. I went to JL Waters here in town. They didn't have anything I liked in my normal style...so I went hipster. It was only a matter of time before I purchased something stylish (besides my sunglasses, but they're a different story).



Thing #2: my latest Indianabeer.com piece was finally posted, about 3 weeks late. There was a bit of a snafu with the email (supposedly) and then the webmaster was sick for a week. Oh well. Better late than never. I'm also currently working on a piece about Indy for Windy City Suds. That should come out in about a month.

Thing #3: I got Sandy's comments back on my qualifying paper. They were at once encouraging and somewhat distressful. Encouraging: "This could become an excellent qualifying paper and journal article" and "It may show that humans are special in Darwin's system after all". I'm not sure that the last bit would be anything new though, but I think my paper does (or will) give a far more systematic account of why humans were special for Darwin.

The less than encouraging things: "Even the title is directionless" and "I don't get this paragraph at all" and "then don't bring it up; you've got too many side shows going on already".

But even these are encouraging. I love Sandy's style. He tells it like it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buddy- those shoes are super hip, and I bet they go great with your new hair-do...