Wednesday, May 09, 2007

my lushfulness

Now that I have a laptop I can blag from the road. Welcome to the future. Watch your step, the GIGANTIC FUCKING SUMMER EXTRAVAGANZA has begun.

I was up at 6:30am this morning, left Bloomington around 7:15 and drove 552 miles in 8 hours and 22 minutes with one stop for gas and peeing. That's an average speed of about 66 miles per hour.

Not bad.

I now sit in the Day's Inn of Huntingdon PA. I was supposed to camp out, but I decided against it for a number of reasons. Not least of which is the fact that my lushfulness is big and round and soft and pleasurable. Juniata College, my alma mator, is located here (in Huntingdon, not my lushfulness). I bought a bumper sticker and a t-shirt at the bookstore. Then I went to Boxer's Cafe, one of my favorite bars in the whole world, for some food and a pint of Legacy's Hedonism and short pour of Appalachian's Pils. Both were very nice. Huntingdon seemed very different to me. I've only been back once or twice since college.

Then, around 5pm, I drove 10 minutes down the road to the Barree Gorge. You remember Barree Gorge, right? Where that guy shot his deer rifle at me that time? I caught a very big Brown Trout. I will show you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Pell said...

It's quite a life you lead Los Papas. I'm might write an adventure novel based on you. Kind of like Hemingway. You'll travel the country drinking beer, fishing, camping and discrediting the myth of the female orgasim.

Yaniv said...

sorry about missing it at upland... let the extranveganza begin