Saturday, March 08, 2008

the many ways in which life has screwed me over in the past five days or so

So on Tuesday I woke up feeling pretty crappy. Went to the "Health Center" on Wednesday, they counted my white blood cells (which was pretty cool), and they inferred from this that I have the flu. Fair enough. They are doctors. And lab technicians. They put me on Tamiflu, gave me some more codeine syrup (which really helps me sleep...) and sent me on my way. This was particularly bad timing because, as you all know, I had been planning a large fishing/camping/backpacking/drinking/friend seeing extravaganza to the Carolinas (aka the Cackalacks) for some time now. I was supposed to have left yesterday early in the morning. I might have been able to do that even with the flu had some punk ass bitch not broken the rear driver side window of my 1997 Honda Accord. Break the rich people's windows you mother fuckers. That'll show them and their bourgeois ways. Leave the old Hondas out of it.

So I had to get that fixed.

Then I yelled at the toilet for a while this morning. That was awesome.

But now I'm feeling better and I shall have many pictures and tales of trouts to share with you in the coming weeks.

Love,
Matthew D. Dunn, LPN.

4 comments:

Brian said...

I can't believe someone broke your car window. Where were you parked? Bloomington just isn't the nice little town it was when I left.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your recent illness. The window incident is most unfortunate. Some asshole in the borough of West Chester has been shooting car windows w/ a beebe (sic) gun. Hopefully your tales of trout include a tasty recipe.
Bob

Anonymous said...

Good grief! I think someone anonymous needs to find themselves a blog of their very own! Anyway, sorry to hear that you are feeling crappy. I hope you get better soon cause there are fishes that need to be caught!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

'member when those douche bags broke your car window with a baseball and you went ape shit on them? that was funny but also totally sucked.