Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I can't stop eating popsicles

"You've overstayed your welcome. Please leave and never come back" she said in a shaky, nervous voice; her somewhat mangy, friendly collie mix sniffing my shoes looking far more threatened than threatening.

A small, slightly intimidated woman of perhaps 40 years was telling four large men to get off her property for good.

Myself and my brother had grown up fishing on West Valley Creek (just Valley Creek to us). It's only 2 minutes from our parent's house. My brother still fishes there maybe 50 times a year. I only get there once or twice when I'm around and have the time. It's not great fishing. Mostly "put and take" stocked trout fishing, but you'll catch sunnnies and rock bass and small mouth there too...which is fun on a dry fly.

But most importantly, it was where I caught my first trout on a fly rod, where I learned what opening day of trout season in Pennsylvania means, and it's the closest little patch of country to home.

Of course it is private property.

This woman must have purchased the property in the last couple years because nobody ever seemed to care before. My brother's had some run ins with her recently. Apparently she drives down from her farmhouse on the hill if you're still there and it is even beginning to look like dusk and tells you to leave.

But tonight she told us to leave and never come back.

"If I ever see you or your cars here again I will call the police."

This is a verbatim quote. She was very deliberate in her admonishment.

Stupid fucking psycho bitch.

It was 8:30pm. We were literally walking towards our cars. It was dark, but it wasn't DARK. When is dusk anyway? Well, good thing my brother wasn't there tonight and I wasn't driving.

I really don't like that woman. At all. She needs to chill the fuck out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not that Rolling Rock is all that great or anything, but what with you being from PA and all: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060519/ap_on_bi_ge/rolling_rock_leaving_latrobe

Matthew D Dunn said...

That is a shame though. I wonder when the big three are going to realize that buying up other breweries might not be the best way to succeed in today's beer market?