Wednesday, February 15, 2006

my busted elbow

Well, I now have broken a bone in my body. I fractured my right radial head to be precise. I'm not really sure how it happened. I was riding my bike our of my driveway, like a do every day, and the next thing you know I'm flying over my handle bars. I was in the air a long time. I remember the feeling of flight. I put my right hand out of my head to arrest my travel. That's a really common way to break your radial head, apparently. At first I didn't think my arm that messed up. Sure, when I tried to use it to put my bike on bike rack to take it to the bike store to be repaired (the front wheel was bent like a pancake), it didn't work. I couldn't really exert much force with that arm. But I thought that would pass...just a little shook up. But on the way to the bike store I knew something was up. I couldn't shift gears and it really started to hurt and got really stiff. So I dropped off my bike anyway then went to the campus health center. They turned me away because they had closed 10 minutes before my arrival. Assholes. So I went to the Emergency room. They fixed me up real good. Except the x-rays were really painful. They had me bend my arm in all sorts of weird ways to get the right shots and it really fucking hurt. But now I'm on some Lortabs, which are like Vicadin, and they are really making me kind of sick. The first day or two they made me feel really good. Now they just make me nauseous and give me cotton mouth and I couldn't get another appointment until next Thursday. Oh well. I'm going to get my xrays soon too so I'll post them here. That will be cool.

Check out my discharge thing:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must have been a big fall.

Mikah Forbes

Anonymous said...

you forgot that you broke your back at the blind tiger. I count that.

Anonymous said...

ehhhhh! Blind Tiger.
Mikah Forbes